Multifaceted artist, Mark Ballas, takes the spotlight for this week’s #DancerDose! Most famously recognized for his work on Dancing with the Stars, Ballas has stopped at nothing to showcase his skillset to the world. Earning himself a slew of accolades, Ballas is a force to be reckoned with. Early Life Ballas grew up in […]
7 Secrets To Being The Best Performer
April 24th, 2015 by Roy Patterson
Being The Best
Being “the best” is a goal that many aspire to. But what does it mean to be “the best”? Growing up in the world of competition can make “the best” seem like the highest number between one and ten. Many view “the best” as something that can only be attained by certain people. This however is not true. “The best” is completely up to YOU.
You can be “YOUR best”. The only person who can measure YOUR best is YOU. With that said, here are 7 steps that can help you become “your best” performer if you take the time to do them!
7 Steps to Becoming YOUR Best Performer
- See, feel and hear in your mind’s eye how you want to be perceived before you hit the stage. Think about how you want the audience to feel after they are finished watching you perform.
- Practice with intent. It’s one thing to go over your routine and make sure you know the steps. When you practice, imagine it is a performance every time. Invest your emotions into your practice.
- Surround yourself with positive people. This does not mean people who don’t tell you what you need to do to be better, but you want people around you who will encourage you! Especially when you reach an impasse or a difficult point in your routine.
- Get organized! Yes, dance is your life, but you still have other responsibilities. The more you have your “ducks in a row” the more you can focus on your passion!
- Be encouraging. Every opportunity you get to be on stage is an opportunity for you to encourage someone. Art speaks to people in different ways. If you focus on encouraging someone with your art, you will leave an irreplaceable mark on their hearts.
- Be open to criticism. If you feel like you have reached your peak, as in you cannot get any better, then you might as well quit. There is nothing left for you to do. Everyone can always be better! That’s the beauty of becoming YOUR best.
- Believe in yourself. If you don’t think you can do it, then you can’t. Confidence is necessary for anyone who plans on becoming “the best”.