Keeping your students interested in dance can be challenging (especially with certain age groups). How can you keep your students interested and inspired to continue to love dance? In today’s blog, we’ll be discussing how to pass on your passion for dance to your students. How can we not only educate but, spark love in […]
10 Reasons Why You Love Dance Competitions
April 24th, 2015 by Roy Patterson
Thanks to shows like So You Think You Can Dance, America’s Best Dance Crew and Dancing With The Stars, the public has gotten more familiar with the dance competition world. However, many spectators do not know that being a competitive dancer is a lifestyle. Competitive dance has its own community. For those of you who grow up in this community, there are reasons why you keep coming back! This Valentine’s Day, your StarQuest family decided to have a little fun and give you, ‘Ten Reasons Why You Love Dance Competitions”.
- You get to see your friends from other studios and hang out with them ALL day long.
- You get to hear someone who is not from your studio tell you how amazing your routine is.
- You’re not afraid to take criticism because your year’s work is judged in five minutes by people you have never met.
- It’s the only time wearing over the top makeup all day is acceptable.
- You know every song currently on the radio, and could demolish anyone who challenged you to a sing off!
- You have the opportunity to inspire thousands of people with your artistry multiple times a year.
- Because of how much hairspray you use, your hair looks perfect all day long.
- You get an instant increase in Instagram followers because your dance competition re-grammed or shared one of your photos. #famous
- You develop an instant bond with people you don’t know.
- You walk away with a new lifelong friend every year!
DID I MISS SOMETHING? YOU HAVE MORE TO ADD TO THE LIST? E-MAIL WOW@STARQUESTDANCE.COM AND I’LL ADD THE REASONS YOU LOVE DANCE COMPETITIONS TO OUR BLOG!