Throwback Event Awards
2023 StarQuest Throwback Awards
ADJUDICATION AWARDS – Gold, Silver, Bronze Only
All Routines: One adjudication award per contestant will be given out
Solos & Duet/Trios: One medal per contestant awarded to each entry corresponding with their adjudication
Small Groups, Large Groups & Lines: One custom award per entry corresponding with their adjudication
SCORE BASED AWARDS
- “Top Score” placements will be given to the highest scoring entries from each division in every age class.
- At least a top 5 will be announced. We may announce a top 10, 15, 20, or more if there are enough entries in any division and age class.
- All “Top Score” winners will receive one top score award per contestant and one custom award per entry.
- Top Score Placements will be given to the highest scoring Adult Routine.
- Top Score Placements will be given to the highest scoring Progressive Routine.
- All StarQuest Titles are gender inclusive.
- A dancer may enter as many of their solos as they want for regional “Ultimate Dancer″.
- Scores are separate and not related to their adjudication score. The score is based on the performer’s overall performance ability, personality, and entertainment skills in addition to technique.
- All Genders compete together for “Ultimate Dancer”.
- Each winner receives a StarQuest Certificate, a custom award, Sash, Flowers, members only merch, and several other prizes.
- Up to 2 Runners Up will be announced and will receive a custom award.
- All Participants up for Ultimate Dancer will receive a custom award.
- The cost of regional title is $60 per entry and may be added on site, as well as in advance online.
- Solos: The overall highest scoring solo routines within their respective categories. Given out for Petite, Junior, Teen, and Senior in the Jazz, Tap, Lyrical/Contemporary/Modern, Musical Theatre/Character, Ballet/Pointe, Open/Acro Gym Dance, and Hip Hop Categories.
- Duet/Trios: The overall highest scoring Duet/Trio routines within their respective categories. Given out for Petite, Junior, Teen, and Senior in the Jazz, Tap, Lyrical/Contemporary/Modern, Musical Theatre/Character, Ballet/Pointe, Open/Acro Gym Dance, and Hip Hop Categories.
- Groups: The overall highest scoring group routines within their respective categories. Given out for Petite/Junior and Teen/Senior in the Jazz, Tap, Lyrical/Contemporary/Modern, Musical Theatre/Character, Ballet/Pointe, Open/Acro Gym Dance, and Hip Hop Categories.
Apogee Award: The overall highest scoring regional group entry from all the Small Groups, Large Groups & Lines will be announced in both Petite/Junior and Teen/Senior Age Classes. Winning routines will receive a custom award.
Judges Special Awards: Uniquely crafted awards from our judges acknowledging individual & group achievement presented at every awards ceremony!
Outstanding Photogenic: Awarded to the contestants judged to be the most photogenic in the Mini/Petite/Junior, Teen/Senior & Adult divisions.
- Entries in this category must already be participating in the competition and must submit a recent photo via the online registration portal or onsite. – Head and shoulder shots are preferred.
- A minimum of 6 Photogenic entries per Mini/Petite/Junior Solo Photogenic, Teen/Senior Solo Photogenic & Adult Photogenic must be registered or a further combination of ages will occur.
- Winning photos will be displayed on the StarQuest website.
- Regional Photogenic fee is $35 for the first photo and $25 per additional photo.
- Awarded to routines with outstanding costumes that enhance the dance.
- Custom Awards will be given to the costume winners and Awards Of Distinction at each Award Ceremony throughout the weekend.
- All StarQuest entries are automatically eligible for Costume Awards at no additional cost.
STUDIO CHOSEN AWARDS
Choreography Awards: Awarded to studios chosen for showcasing outstanding choreography at each regional competition. Winning studios will receive a custom award.
CASH AWARDS & ADDITIONAL PRIZES
Click HERE for our Cash Awards!
A panel of highly qualified, fully vetted, and competent judges will judge all performances. All contestants, teachers, and parents agree that the method of judging shall be solely within the discretion of the directors of StarQuest Dance Competition and that all decisions of the judges are final. Contestants will be adjudicated against a point system. In this way, the contestants receive a more accurate evaluation of their performance. With this scoring system, multiple and Gold, Silver & Bronze adjudication awards may be presented within each age class and division for each category of competition. Studio directors may pick up their Score Sheet Summaries at the end of each competition day. Video critiques of each routine from all 3 judges are provided online, on Tuesday by 6 PM, after the competition weekend!